As Shine.FM’s Donor Representative, you will initiate and cultivate relationships with potential major donors (individuals, businesses, and foundations) who have the capability of making significant financial contributions to the ministry of Shine.FM; to maintain and build strong relationships with existing Shine.FM major donors; and to professionally and effectively ask for financial gifts to fund the mission and program of Shine.FM.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Donor Representative will pursue the successful completion of the following duties on a regular basis:
1. Build relationships and secure major gift support for Shine.FM through personal visits with donors and prospective donors, including individuals, businesses/corporations, churches, and foundations. Inform potential contributors of the needs of Shine.FM, and encourage gifts to the Shine.FM annual fund and projects.
2. Work individually to develop donor acquisition and retention plans for your assigned geographic area. Work with the Shine.FM Team to leverage acquisition and retention strategies.
3. Compellingly articulate the mission, vision, and ministry to which God has called Shine.FM.
4. Using Shine.FM’s donor management system, track communication and moves management strategies with potential and real major donors.
5. Provide leadership for special events which will have as a focus prospecting, cultivating, and/or acquiring major donors.
6. Prepare written proposals, with the help of the Shine.FM Team, which effectively and compellingly describe the work God has called Shine.FM to do and the “return on investment” that each donor will see.
7. Leverage the network of your Shine.FM major donors by giving them the tools and coaching necessary to be ambassadors for Shine.FM.
8. Plan and execute, with the help of Shine.FM Team create opportunities for groups of donors and prospective donors to experience the broad ministry of Shine. FM.
9. Keep abreast of the ministry of Shine.FM by interfacing with staff. Be able to effectively describe any Shine.FM project, the cost to accomplish the project, and the expected ministry outcomes to donors.
10. Leverage speaking opportunities for the Network Manager and key Shine.FM staff, in order to build awareness of Shine.FM and its ministry and help secure funding for any of its projects.
11. Insure gifts from major donors assigned are properly thanked and followed up with timely information and updates on the ministry each gift has accomplished.
12. Submit activity reports each week to the Network Manager, participate in conference calls, and attend in-house meetings for the purpose of strategy and evaluation.
13. Articulate your personal walk with Jesus Christ and relate it to the ministry of Shine.FM.
14. Display a passion for the mission and vision of the ministry of Shine.FM.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
• A lifestyle in agreement with the Olivet Nazarene University Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant.
• Ability to lead diverse initiatives and influence people towards goals.
• Strong social and people skills
• Demonstrated ability to persuade
• Track record of gaining agreement to significant proposals
• Ability to complete detailed proposals, contact records, reports and correspondence
• History of success in working independently
• Handles confidential information well
• Completed undergraduate degree
• Proficiency in standard office computer software tools (i.e.: Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
The successful Shine.FM Donor Representative will have a successful background in donor development, recruitment, or business sales and marketing. Those with a bachelor’s degree will be given preference.
During a typical day, this person will visit with 10 or more individuals by phone and in person to communicate the mission of Shine.FM and creative ways to fund the mission. The Shine.FM Donor Representative will be working out of the Shine.FM office in Bourbonnais IL. Daily travel should be expected with day trips within Chicagoland and Northwest Indiana and occasional overnight travel to Indianapolis and Lansing, Michigan. A Shine.FM station vehicle will be provided for travel. Hours will primarily be worked during business hours (8a-5p) with occasional weekend and evening hours.
Exempt, full-time, 12-month position.
Only candidates who submit all required documents will be considered: resume, cover letter, statement of faith, application questions. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.