Shine.FM is seeking an Olivet student in their senior year to work as a Concert/Event Assistant and eventually transition into the Concert & Event Coordinator as a Graduate Assistant in May 2019. The Concert & Event Coordinator/Graduate Assistant is an essential member of the Shine.FM team. The Shine.FM Radio Network Spans 3 markets and 4 radio stations. The Concert & Event Coordinator will effectively maintain relationships with Management, Programming and Shine.FM Underwriters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees the planning and managing of events such as the Shine.FM concerts series in Chicagoland, NW Indiana, Indianapolis, and Lansing, MI, Shine.FM’s Ladies Day at Olivet, the Harlem Globetrotters, and the Shine.FM Staff Retreat. Must be present on day of event to assure seamless operations and logistics.
• Develops detailed plans and timetables for events and works on setup.
• Coordinates details of events with Shine.FM staff, venue staff, and volunteers.
• Recruits volunteers for concerts and events; maintains database of event participants.
• Works with Shine.FM business development team to fulfill sponsorships for events.
• Maintains accurate inventory of supplies; inspects inventory for proper condition and safety.
• Offers recommendations and summary reports from events and makes suggestions on future improvements to events.
• Works with Listener Engagement Director to coordinate with outside organizations such as newspapers, community calendars, websites and social media to promote special events.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. A lifestyle in agreement with the ONU Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant.
2. Event planning experience.
3. Highly collaborative, self-starter who consistently meets deadlines.
4. Ability to pay careful attention to detail and manage several projects concurrently.
5. Experience with non-profit organization management and mission-driven work preferred.
Must be a senior graduating in May 2019, with the intent of obtaining your Master’s degree at Olivet.
This position is office work based from Bourbonnais, IL, but can include travel when concerts & events happen in additional Shine.FM markets.