Business Development Representative identifies prospective underwriters for the
radio station, initiates business conversation, proposes business solutions
that feature supporting our station and adjusts the business solution to keep pace
with the changing nature of the underwriters’ organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
professional Business Development Representative is a full-time staff member
who will pursue the successful completion of the following duties on a regular
2. Identifying prospective station underwriters
3. Engage existing/new local/national businesses and organizations to partner with station through underwriting including on air, online and other forms of sponsorships.
4. Creating proposals for underwriter presentations
5. Developing a consistent pool of prospective underwriters
6. Adjusting underwriting messages to improve performance for underwriters
7. Upgrading underwriters to increase their budgets on our station
8. Writing broadcast copy for underwriters
9. Implementing station standards for complying with federal, state, local and company regulations and policies
10. Timely and accurate completion of reporting requirements, agreements, adjustments, copy and other essential forms
11. Following standards of conduct for the station and university
12. Attends staff meetings as required for coordination with staff and resources
13. Display respect for team members, their roles and responsibilities
14. Other duties as may be assigned by supervisors and ad hoc team leaders
Benchmarks: The successful Business Development
Representative will achieve and exceed milestones in these categories (and/or
other categories as may be specified):
1. Pipeline Goal—The business solutions that the
Professional Business Development Representative expects to gain agreement during the month, measured by underwriting volume.
2. Monthly Billing Goal—Meeting and exceeding the
representative’s personal net broadcast underwriting billing performance standard during the month.
3. Collections Goal—Collecting a specific amount of
payments from underwriters during the month.
1. Average Minute Rate—Maintaining a stated minimum
standard Average Minute Rate across all underwriting agreements during the
2. New underwriting stories to tell—Creating a minimum
number of new case studies that describe the successful implementation of
a customer’s underwriting schedule.
1. Professional Growth—Displaying continued skill
development from self-improvements or other training resources on a monthly basis.
2. Demonstrated Leadership Ability—Requesting assignments
to station ad hoc task forces and showing the ability to lead teammates in
accomplishment of specified goals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
1. A lifestyle in agreement with the ONU Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant.
2. Effective attractive personality.
3. Sales experience, (3) year minimum
4. Proficient in making cold calls and stewardship calls
5. Experienced at networking and documenting relationships
through a contact management system.
6. Proficiency in standard office computer software tools
(i.e.: word, excel, outlook, etc.)
will work out of the Shine.FM office in Bourbonnais. A significant portion of time will be spent
out of the office meeting and fostering relationships with business supporters.
Only candidates who submit all required documents will be considered: resume, cover letter, statement of faith, application questions. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.