Switchboard Operator/Shine.FM Receptionist & Volunteer Recruiter
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is
often the first point of contact for Olivet Nazarene University. The person that fills this position must
possess the ability to greet callers in a welcoming and accommodating manner,
often while receiving and routing other calls. The person will also be responsible for greeting all guests and students
that enter Shine.FM and is expected to be welcoming and accommodating to
walk-in guests as well. The first priority of the position is to incoming calls
to ONU, and second to support Shine.FM as receptionist/volunteer
- Responsible for answering the main campus phone number on multiple lines.
- Each morning, communicate messages to the appropriate departments from overnight faxes; also keep the answering service informed of all events that will - affect their calls in the evenings or on holidays when the school is closed.
- Responsible for keeping rolodex current with all phone numbers of incoming staff and faculty. Print new rolodex cards several times a year to keep it current.
- Work with and train students and support staff to properly care for the switchboard when necessary.
- Be aware of all events happening on the University. Communicate information to answering service, student workers and switchboard support staff.
- Be knowledgeable in aspects of school functions for purposes of call routing.
- Answer Shine.fm office line and direct communication to the appropriate staff members.
- Distribution of incoming mail and faxes for Shine.fm staff.
- Responsible for outgoing mail
- Maintain adequate supply of stationary and envelopes as needed for station mailings through soliciting quotes and coordinating with vendors.
- Keep timely concert, event, promotional, and programming information available in studio and at reception desk.
- Actively recruiting volunteers for Shine.FM, guiding candidates through volunteer on-boarding.
- Other duties as assigned.
& ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have impeccable communication skills and phone manners
- Excellent customer service experience.
- Have a good memory for phone extensions.
- Must be able to remain calm and level-headed when multiple lines ring at once.
- Ability to relate well with listeners, clients, students, and visitors.
- Comprehensive computer skills for electronic and printed correspondence, sending and receiving e-mail.
- Accuracy in typing and data entry.
Proven ability in supervision in order to direct the work of student assistants.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Twelve- month, following graduate
Wages and benefits – graduate tuition, fees, and monthly stipend, commission