As a Christian
university, Olivet Nazarene University exists to provide an education with a
Christian purpose. We value diversity as a means to enrich and deepen the
educational experience, both inside and outside the classroom and online. We
are committed to recruit and retain mission-aligned faculty and staff from
diverse backgrounds. We strive to be a more inclusive community as we seek to
understand and celebrate our unique experiences and perspectives
The Business Development Representative identifies
prospective underwriters for the radio station, initiates business
conversation, proposes business solutions that feature supporting our station
and adjusts the business solution to keep pace with the changing nature of the
This portion describes the tasks/initiatives that the
position will seek to accomplish in this role.The professional Business Development Representative will pursue the
successful completion of the following duties on a regular basis:
1. Identifying prospective station underwriters
2. Engage existing/new local/national businesses and organizations to partner with station through underwriting including on-air, online and other forms of sponsorships.
3. Creating proposals for underwriter presentations
4. Developing a consistent pool of prospective underwriters
5. Adjusting underwriting messages to improve performance for underwriters
6. Upgrading underwriters to increase their budgets on our station
7. Writing broadcast copy for underwriters
8. Implementing station standards for complying with federal, state, local and company regulations and policies
9. Timely and accurate completion of reporting requirements, agreements, adjustments, copy and other essential forms
10. Following standards of conduct for the station and university
11. Attends staff meetings as required for coordination with staff and resources
12. Display respect for team members, their roles and responsibilities
13. Other duties as may be assigned by supervisors and ad hoc team leaders
successful Business Development Representative will achieve and exceed
milestones in these categories (and/or other categories as may be specified):
1. Pipeline Goal—The business solutions that the Professional Business Development Representative expects to gain during the month, measured by underwriting volume.
2. Monthly Billing Goal—Meeting and exceeding the representative’s personal net broadcast underwriting billing performance standard during the month.
3. Collections Goal—Collecting a specific amount of payments from underwriters during the month.
4. Average Minute Rate—Maintaining a stated minimum standard Average Minute Rate across all underwriting agreements during the month.
5. Professional Growth—Displaying continued skill development from self-improvements or other training resources on a monthly basis.
6. Demonstrated Leadership Ability—Requesting assignments to station ad hoc task forces and showing the ability to lead teammates in accomplishment of specified goals.
& ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. A lifestyle in agreement with the ONU Statement of Mission, Faith, and Lifestyle Covenant.
2. Effective attractive personality.
3. Sales experience, (3) year minimum
4. Proficient in making cold calls and stewardship calls
5. Experienced at networking and documenting relationships through a contact management system.
6. Proficiency in standard office computer software tools (i.e.: word, excel, outlook, etc.)
Employee will work out of a home office in the Lansing area.
Employee will be expected to prospect businesses through in person visits and heavy
phone call work. A significant portion of the employee’s time will be spent in
the field meeting and fostering new relationships with business supporters.
Only candidates who submit all required documents will be considered: resume, cover letter, statement of faith, application questions. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.